Monday, December 22, 2008

From 'Malibu' with LOVE

Wool that feels like cotton, bell sleeves and a scorpion-- Can you even stand it!!?? The best thing about uncovering buried treasure on a sale rack, consignment shop, or mass discount retailer- is going online to discover who is behind the label. In this case, there was just something about the detail of this cardigan that prompted me to get in 'Holiday' queue for the cash wrap; fully aware that doing so, would make me late returning to work from my lunch hour.

Once I got it home, tried it on, and fell in love again- I started the online 'dig' for more information on the designer. First came the glee of finding that I had just scored a $374 cardigan for $39.00 **Wheeeee!** Then came the story of when and how this line came to be. It seems that aside from ski weekends and Sunday brunches, my motivation for purchasing this piece was very much in line with Yael's inspiration for creating it.

Cardigan: Yaya Aflalo 'Malibu'
Tights: Juicy Couture
Boots: Miss Sixty 'Dance'

No comments: