Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fatigued

The three-day weekend was exceptional in every way, but I promised myself that I wouldn't leave the house, spend a dime, or lift a finger for the next two days. So far I've been true to my word, but a lunch-hour mini haul may have had something to do with my new-found enthusiasm to lay low and save.

I'm sure I'm not the only one flipping through the gargantuan Fall Preview issues of all of the major fashion publications this month- and setting eyes on utility jackets, dresses and trousers on nearly everyone. Frankly, this is a trend that should excite us all. It's versatile, inexpensive and requires minimal maintenance; no dry-cleaning, delicate cycle, or ironing required.

I meant what I said about staying below my wallet's radar for the weekend, but I don't think a quick trip into my local thrift store on a Friday afternoon for a $10 jacket- should be counted against me. It was a weekday, it was inexpensive, it was on my Fall 'Must-Have' list and I went straight back to the office to eat the lunch I packed that morning, immediately after. No harm, no foul... sort of ;)

Cargo Jacket: Banana Republic, Dress: Willow & Clay, Bag: Zara, Shoes: M.O.D., Aviators: Cole Haan

1 comment:

Fashions Not A Luxury said...

Lovely Bargain..I've been eyeing green military light weigh jacket to0.. Great simple chic colored outfit. X Ari