Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I woke up at 4:15 this morning to drive a friend to the airport. It was dark out and sheets of rain were falling from the sky. About 20 minutes into the ride, I thought it best to pull over; the only thought in my mind, making it home and back under my covers in one piece.

Thankfully, I returned safely and without incident- but instead of going back to bed, I showered, put on a pot of coffee, unloaded the dishwasher, and got the kitchen clean and ready for the preparations.

Now, a few hours later, I'm wrestling a slumber-like fog with a fury because I just can't bear missing a second of this day. It is truly my favorite holiday. No matter the circumstance, where or with whom I have spent it over the years, that distinct tranquility and awareness of how obscenely Blessed I am- remains constant. Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: