Saturday, July 7, 2007

Saw Transformers, ate bad Mexican, and drank good wine today, in that order.
Transformers was fun!! If I was a robot, I'd have a crush on Optimus Prime. I'd go with Shia LaBeouf, but I hear Alexis Bledel's already got dibs.

Mexican food is hard to mess up, but someone managed. There's NOTHING worse than a disappointing meal that you have to pay for.

The wine bar that I've been waiting for all summer has finally opened! It's off the beaten path, comfortable, and reasonably priced. I don't normally yield to recs at wine bars, but I couldn't resist the owners enthusiastic push of a wine that seems to be all the rage in Australia now; Sparkling Reds. Yes. Now... I like my wine red and bold but I never thought I'd care for it red, bold, and cold. Turns out, it was a winner to the tune of two glasses in-house and a bottle to go. It's obvious that the owners have done their homework and in some round about way, they also managed to take the sting off the miserable lunch I'd had.

No comments: