Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fairy God Shopper

I had my eye on these boots for a little over a year when I was flipping through a Nordstrom catalog and found that they were going to be available in 'Antique Gold' the following season. Almost overnight, my innocent crush turned into full-fledged stalking. I clipped the photo and kept it on my board; searching the internet regularly to find an e-tailer with a code so that I could justify them at a discount, but nothing.

One day, months later, I heard a rumor that they had finally gone on sale at Nordstrom. I called my local store and as I was speaking to the sales person, the customer she was ringing overheard the conversation and proceeded to tell her to tell me that the boots were just racked the day before, that she saw them there herself. *I could have jumped through the phone and kissed her* I took an early lunch, jumped in my car and conquered the racks. The rest is fashion history.

Dress: Target, Scarf: Miami Airport, Boots: Frye 'Villagers', Bracelets: Old Navy

7 comments:

Carrie Michael said...

Just wanted to thank you for the award and let you know that I did the tag today. :)

xo, carrie
www.mybarestyle.com

Cait said...

amazing boots, they were definitely worth all the effort to buy them!!

Terence Sambo said...

love ur bracelets...n the dress is so chic..... gr8 blog btw

CHIC Sensibility... said...

Cute outfit. I love it. Happy love day.
Stay chic!

Anonymous said...

the dress is cute!

Amaury Martin B. said...

Great Photo !

Syana said...

cute scarf, great boots!

Thanks for following my blog btw ;)